Sunday, June 15, 2008

Birthday SUPRISE

For my birthday this year Kyle suprised me with tickets to the Kenny Chesney concert. We are both huge fans of his and had been talking about how much fun it would be to go to one of his concerts, but we never made any plans. Kyle and his friends, Jason and Tony, decided that they would secretly buy tickets and take their wives to Las Vegas on a date. The night before the concert I went into pre-term labor and Kyle and I spent a good portion of the night at the hospital. My contractions were coming every 30 seconds, but my body never dialates on its own so they sent me home. It was a long night and the contractions kept coming till about 6:00 the next morning. Needless to say, Kyle and I didn't get much sleep. That morning Kyle got up early and called my doctor to see if it was okay if I traveled to Las Vegas after the night that we had just had. The doctor told him, "If I tell you not to go, you guys will stay home and your wife won't have a single contraction and you'll be mad at me. If I tell you that it's safe to go you'll have a baby in Las Vegas." So Kyle was forced to break the suprise to me. He didn't dare make this decision on his own. I mulled it over for a couple of hours, going back and forth on whether I should go or not, but finally decided that I couldn't miss out this event! Especially after all of the planning that Kyle had put into this.

Our friends picked us up about 2:00 p.m. and we headed off so that we would have time to go to dinner before the concert.We ate dinner at the cheesecake factory. It was amazing!!
And then off to the concert. LeAnn Rimes opened up for Kenny. She was really good, but Kyle and I could hardly wait for the real show to begin. It was awesome! This was his Poets & Pirates tour.
Kyle and I rocking out! We knew the words to all of the songs which made it even more fun.
Kenny in action!
Jen and Tony. They aren't big Kenny fans, but they were good sports anyways.
Uncle Cracker joined Kenny on stage for the famous, "When the Sun Goes Down" song and a few other numbers.
Jason and Kristen.
Just the girls. Oh, and Tony in the background!
This one of the best birthday gifts that Kyle has ever given me. I appreciated all of the thought that went into this little trip. Thanks honey!!

No comments: